Yaktrax Ice grips for safer winter walking
Stop slipping on icy pavements!
There is no better way to prevent accidents caused by slips and falls on ice.
Yaktrax, “named after the Tibetan yak”, are light-weight ice grips worn over your regular walking shoes, winter boots, jogging or running shoes when walking on packed snow and ice in winter.
Everyone on ice treads carefully but it isn’t always enough. Accidents on ice & snow are common in winter and even the best winter boots or walking shoes need extra ice gripping power. Running and jogging shoes offer little grip on ice snow but with Yaktrax Walker or Yaktrax Pro you carry on running or jogging in winter as you would the rest of the year.
Many elderly people become effectively housebound in icy conditions through fear of accidents. Yaktrax is a simple device that can be put on over their existing shoes or boots to give a safe grip on icy pavements.
Anyone who has to walk on icy pavements is at risk of slipping and falling on ice. Yaktrax are the perfect gift for the keen jogger, commuter, outdoor workers, dog owners, the elderly and indeed anyone who has to or wants or needs to walk on icy pavements as easily as they would under normal conditions. See the American Geriatrics Society report on Yaktrax ice grips showing how Yaktrax reduced the number of falls and severity of injury in a study of elderly Americans in winter conditions.
Yaktrax Pro is available in Small, Medium, Large and Extra Large and Yaktrax Walker in Extra Small ( to protect your children from accidents on pavements covered in ice or packed snow), Small, Medium and Large.
See the Yaktrax ice grip size chart
The many benefits of Yaktrax Ice Grips
- Yaktrax are made out of an injection moulded thermal plastic elastomer designed for easy on and off.
- The coils are protected against rusting and hand-wound to give you 360 degrees of traction on ice and snow.
- When you walk in the Yaktrax Walker or Pro, every step you take places hundreds of biting edges in direct contact with the ice beneath your feet.
- Yaktrax can be worn in temperatures as low as -41 degrees farenheit.
- The Walker is the original version of Yaktrax and is ideal for pedestrians, the elderly, business people or anyone who want greater stability on ice and snow.
- Use the Yaktrax Walker while walking to and from work, school or just to the postbox.
- Yaktrax Walker are designed for people who are looking for an easy-to-use, lightweight traction device for their shoes.
- The patented design of the Walker makes it a unique solution to walking on packed snow and ice. The outer band conforms to the length and width of your boot or shoe.
- The high strength horizontal coils provide forward and backward stability. The vertical coil pattern provide side-to-side stability.
- The Yaktrax Pro is ideal for the person needing increased durability while working, running or enjoying outdoor activities during the winter months. It is equipped with a removable performance strap that was designed for stability.
- The Pro still has the same simple design and effectiveness as the Walker with the unique 360 degrees of traction with every step you take.